Decorating your planners and journals can be a great creative outlet. And what better way to show your personality and have a little fun than with themes. Below I have a list of monthly planner themes ideas to decorate your planner with.
I have recently started using the Happy Planner and I love it! It can be a little intimidating when your first starting out to decorate your planner.
Where do you even start? What if you mess it up? But you know what, there’s no right or wrong way to do it. It may take a few tries before you really start getting good at it and finding out what works for you.
If you are like me and just starting out I think the best place to start is with the Happy Planner sticker sets. They fit with your Happy Planner pages and they coordinate so it’s hard to mess it up, right? another easy way to get started is to plan your spread with a monthly theme.
I’ve gathered up a bunch of ideas to use when decorating your monthly spread. You could use this list to decorate just the month at a glance pages or use the same theme throughout the month for all of the weekly pages as well.
It’s your planner and you can make it what you want! Use it to express your own personality and be as creative and elaborate as you want. You can not only use it to keep track of appointments, events, and things you need to do but also record your thoughts and ideas.
General Monthly Planner Theme Ideas
- Birthday month- celebrate you or your kids birthday months
- Anniversary – love themed
- Wedding/getting married themed
- Spiritual/faith-based theme
- Sports team theme
- Rainbow theme/multicolor
- monochromatic theme
- Pregnancy-month by month theme
- New Years
- New goals for the year/habits
- Goal crusher/goal-getter theme
- Winter theme
- Valentine’s – love theme
- Super bowl- favorite team theme
- Chinese New Year- Asian inspired theme
- Mardi Gras
- Spring- floral themed
- April showers bring May flowers – Rain, umbrella, flower theme
- Cinco de Mayo – Spanish themed, bright color theme
- Mother’s Day- theme honoring your mother, theme about you and your children
- Summer- outdoor, travel, beach theme
- Fathers Day- theme honoring your father, or your children with dad
- Summer Solstice – let your light shine theme
- July 4- patriotic theme
- Summer fun theme
- Theme of a place you are traveling to
- Back to school theme
- Autumn theme
- Football- favorite team theme
- Halloween– candy, spooky, or pumpkin theme
- International coffee day- a theme all about coffee!
- Breast cancer awareness
- Veterans Day- patriotic theme
- Dia de Los Muertos- Day of the Dead theme
- Mickey Mouse’s birthday- Disney theme
- Winter theme
- Winter Solstice
Putting It Together
Your planner is can be whatever you want it to be! It is a great way to keep track of everything you have going on in your life and be super creative at the same time. Use this list of monthly planner theme ideas and start decorating today.