Now that school is back in session and the summer sun is setting it’s the perfect time of year to get outside and find some fun Fall activities to do with kids. Take advantage of the cooler days ahead and plan some outdoor fun with the family. It’s also a great opportunity to teach your toddlers along the way as they are always watching and taking in their environment.
I don’t know about you, but Fall is my favorite season of the year! Living in Texas can be great. We don’t get those pesky blizzards or get snowed in when it’s freezing outside. But, on the other hand, we do get those sweltering summer days. The kind where you look at the road and can see heat waves coming up. And don’t get me started on the humidity. The air is so thick, it’s hard to breathe sometimes! So when Fall finally arrives in Texas, it is a welcomed treat. Although it is a short-lived time here, it is the perfect chance to get outside and enjoy the weather.
Below I have listed 10 fun activities for you and your kids to do. Activities that will get you outside to enjoy the weather and be out in nature. These are just some of the fun things we enjoy doing. Give a few of them a try!
- Make leaf imprint drawings- Pick a few leaves that have fallen in the yard. Place a leaf on the table. With the veins up, put a piece of paper on top and help your toddler rub a crayon over it. Voila! Perfect Fall artwork to display from your little one.
- Spend the afternoon at the local park swinging, going down the slides, or spinning on the merry-go-round. Bring some food for an impromptu picnic.
- Take a walk around the neighborhood with the stroller (get your exercise in too). Or go on a bike ride. If you have access to a bicycle trailer, you can hitch it to the back of your bike and your little one can ride along.
- Find cool and unique places around your town for photo ops and take pictures of the kids. It’s always nice to have new pics of the kids to display at home or send out to family members.
- Check out a local pumpkin patch. They may even have a hayride there.
- Help your toddler paint a small baby pumpkin with a paintbrush or finger paints and set it on the porch. Your child will be so proud to see their work of art on display when they walk up to the front porch.
- Get them into sports by playing kickball or t-ball outside. This can be a great way to get all the energy out! Let them play in the backyard, while you coach from the sidelines and enjoy an adult beverage.
- Go on a nature walk and talk about the things you see and hear. Point out different colors and shapes, animals or insects you come across. This can help your little one learn new words and sounds.
- Find a local Fall festival to attend. These seem to be everywhere during the Fall. They may be put on by the city, or at a local church, or the parks and recreation department. Look online and find one close to you.
- Build a blanket tent and “camp out” in the backyard or lay on a blanket and check out the stars at night.
It’s the best time of year to make some magical memories with your kids. What are some other fun activities you do with your kids? Share in the comment section below.