Today I have a great freebie to share with you- a Happy Planner Cleaning Schedule Printable! Actually, it could be used for any planner or print it out and put it in your home management binder. It’s a great resource to help you stay on top of your daily cleaning routine.
If you are looking for more printables like this, check this awesome list of Happy Planner Printables.
As I write this, it’s the first week of a new year. And with that comes many New Year’s resolutions. It brings about hopes for what the new year will bring, and thoughts of how we can make changes in our lives for the better.
If you think this printable is great, you must see more like this in my list of Happy Planner Printables.
If you’ve read any of Simple Modern Mom’s other posts, you probably know that I prefer to set goals rather than make resolutions. Goals can be broken down into baby steps that are attainable. Each baby step gets you closer to your big goals!
If you are interested in setting your own big goals take a look at this step by step guide to goal setting.
Also, you may know that I just adore the Happy Planner! It is my go-to planner that keeps my life together, and best of all it’s customizable. You can read more about why I love the Happy Planner here.
So, with all of that being said, on to the reason for this post-cleaning. One of your goals for the year may be to keep up with a daily cleaning routine. Staying on top of your daily routine will help keep your home clean, organized, presentable.
I don’t know about you, but when clutter starts to pile up around my house, it’s almost paralyzing. The energy in the house feels heavy. I feel like I can’t get anything productive done. Probably because all I would be thinking about is the pile of clothes on the floor and dishes in the sink, and the toys everywhere.
Tackling those cleaning tasks every day can help keep those clothes and dishes from piling up. Do a little bit every day, instead of letting things pile up and get overwhelming.
This post may contain affiliate links meaning I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. Read my disclosure policy here.
Timing is Everything
The time available for a cleaning schedule will be different for everyone. Someone who stays at home may be able to do more each day than someone who goes to work and gets home after 6 pm. You have to find a routine that works for you and your schedule.
But, honestly who wants to spend their whole day cleaning? Even if you are home all day, it doesn’t mean you want to spend it cleaning. Here are some ideas:
- speed clean through your daily cleaning tasks each day
- have a list of weekly cleaning tasks and do one task per day
- have a list of monthly cleaning tasks and do one task per week
- or designate one day per month to do all of those monthly cleaning tasks (this will probably take a whole day)
- use chore charts with kids to help delegate some cleaning responsibilities
- use a laundry basket to pick up all the random stuff in each room and put back where it goes
- have a cleaning caddy with cleaning supplies that you can take from room to room as you speed clean
- bonus points if you can get your daily cleaning schedule done in under 30 minutes! You have better things to do with your time!
- if you’re short on time or don’t feel like doing much cleaning when you get home from work, just do the things that will keep your house fresh– put dishes in the dishwasher, take out the trash, scoop that poop (out of the cat box).
I know everyone’s cleaning routines are different. Everybody’s life situation is different. There’s no one cleaning routine that fits all. I made this cleaning schedule with the basics in mind. Then I left room for you to fill in some tasks that are specific to you and your situation. Or you can use that extra space to write in your weekly cleaning routine.
Free Cleaning Schedule Printable
To get access to all the freebies in the Resource Library including this awesome Cleaning Schedule fill out the form below with your email address and I will send you the password to the library straight to your inbox!
Remember your daily cleaning routine is something that should be quick and easy, so you can get on with your day and do the things that are most important to you and things that will move you closer to your goals.
Be sure to use your new Cleaning Schedule to keep you on track and on your way to a clean and organized home.